Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Going Green

As some of you know, Andrew is gung-ho about using cloth diapers on the baby.  He's done his research and discovered the benefits, so we've agreed to at least give it a try.  If it doesn't work, what do we have to lose?  The other day, UPS delivered two packages to the house when Andrew wasn't home.  Since they were addressed to him and he hadn't mentioned ordering anything, I called him and asked if I could go ahead and open them.  He told me they might be a surprise for me, so I had to wait for him to get home to open them first.  I was so curious at this point I could hardly stand it!  I just kept staring at the boxes from across the room, trying to imagine what could be inside.  Well, we BOTH ended up being surprised.  He had ordered a set of 24 cloth diapers online that he found a good deal on.  But for some reason, they shipped us two sets for the price of one.  That's right...we are now the proud owners of 48 cloth diapers! They came in a variety of colors and you can adjust the size from newborn to 35lbs.  They are really nice, and nothing like the old-fashioned white rectangles that had to be held in place with safety pins.  Oh, and these are waterproof too, so no need for the little rubber diaper cover! Here are a few of our color choices; the royal blue one on top is adjusted to the newborn size.

1 comment: