Today was my doctor's appointment, and I found out first thing that I had passed my 3-hour glucose test. YIPPEE!! Here is the update:
Me: 31 weeks tomorrowMy stats: I have gained 2 lbs. since my appointment 2 weeks ago, so my total pregnancy weight gain at this point is 15 lbs. I specifically asked the doctor about my glucose levels so that I could write them down-- they were 75 (fasting level), 134, 140, and 104. She said all numbers fell within the "normal" range, so I definitely do not have gestational diabetes. :) My blood pressure was 104/60; it is always fairly low, but today I attribute it to the fact that we had a teacher work day and I didn't have students stressing me out. I even had time to grade a set of papers in the waiting room, so I was feeling a sense of relief and accomplishment by the time my name was called.
Baby: The little man's heart rate was a good strong 152. Even the nurse commented that I have a good active baby--you think?? The fact that I was kept awake the other night by the dance party he was having definitely makes me think I'm going to have to invest in a good pair of running shoes as soon as he is mobile!
Likes: 1) Feeling the baby move constantly in the form of a game I call "Guess which body part?" The rules are simple: he pushes against my stomach so that I can feel a hard knot, and I have to figure out if it's his head, butt, knee, foot, or elbow before he pulls it away. The catch? I can never win because I have no idea what position he's in! 2) Having a WONDERFUL husband who does the dishes and starts dinner because he knows I just need to sit down after work; 3) Spending time in the baby's room trying to decorate and organize everything
Dislikes: Feeling the baby push directly down on my bladder; being at work when I'd rather be home "nesting"
Coming up: My next doctor's appointment is 2 weeks from today (Nov. 16)
*As a side note, today was the first time I noticed that if I'm standing and look straight down, I can't see my feet!!! That was a very bizarre realization--I sure hope I don't try to leave the house in my slippers or two shoes that don't even match! So long, feet! I will see you in a couple of months!




No comments:
Post a Comment