While 1/3 of our country is literally buried in snow today (my entire family included!), we had a bizarre heat wave that brought sunshine and temperatures in the 50's. After being cooped up in the house for the past month, I decided to make the most of the day and head out for some fresh air. After Ryder's lunchtime feeding, I threw on my shoes and gathered together baby and all of his accessories for a quick trip to the grocery store. As always he slept the entire time, making me feel much more confident in my ability to take him on errands by myself. Once we got home I put Ryder, who was still sleeping, in his stroller so we could go for a short walk. I didn't go on my usual 3 mile loop because I knew he would be due to eat again soon, and frankly I was winded by the time I set up the stroller and made it to the end of the driveway! :) I haven't exercised since before my pregnancy, so I guess being out of shape should really be no surprise. We strolled up and down the street, and it's amazing how sunshine and fresh air can lift your spirits and re-energize you. I can't wait for spring!

my little man, ready to stroll
"Wheew! All of this walking is exhausting!"
No comments:
Post a Comment