There's no telling these days what I'm going to find when I open my kitchen cupboards. You see, Ryder likes to move things from one cabinet to another or put some of his toys in places you would least expect. An assortment of animals from his refrigerator magnet farm set showed up the other day on the shelf alongside the flour and baking powder. Some packages of peanut butter crackers ended up nestled safely in a stack of baking pans. Tonight while I was doing the dinner dishes, Andrew and I managed to catch our little "helper" in action. Ryder emptied an entire cabinet, even getting into the breakable pieces I keep in the very back. (Those were immediately placed up on the countertop to avoid any major catastrophes). After playing with his findings for a few minutes, he started handing them to me one piece at a time so I could put them back, and then he wanted to close the door himself. I love the fact that he inherited my "everything-back-in-its-place" mentality--at least for now! :)

"I'm goin' in!"
headed back in for more
"Now you see me..."
"...now you don't!"
"Here, Mom. I found these for you."
(part of the cleaning up routine)
being sweet to old Cody :)
No comments:
Post a Comment