Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Welcome to the Jungle

Andrew and I knew that this trip to Florida wouldn't be all about lounging on the beach since we have a toddler to keep entertained. :) Instead, we made a list of some of the "touristy" things that we hadn't tried yet. Yesterday's outing was to the Sarasota Jungle Gardens: flamingos, turtles, and tropical birds galore! It was a beautiful day, and the canopy of trees gave us the full jungle experience.



We come all the way to Florida to see flamingos, and the ducks end up being Ryder's favorite--go figure!





We headed to Sharky's for dinner--definitely our favorite restaurant because it's right on the water and has a fun, beachy atmosphere. After dinner, we walked along the beach before heading back to the house. Ryder hadn't played in the sand since last summer when he was too young to really know what was going on. He was hesitant at first to walk on it, but then plopped right down to play.



walking down the pier with Grann

kissing the light pole (Why? I have no idea!)



While waiting for our food to come, I offered Ryder some lemon because I knew it would entertain him for a while. His reaction was priceless! The harder we laughed at him, the sillier he acted; he sure can play his audience!













No comments:

Post a Comment