My doctor's appointment was supposed to be on Tuesday afternoon, but upon arriving I discovered the office was closed due to "inclement weather". I was frustrated because I basically made a giant u-turn and wasted about an hour of my time. Yes, all of the area schools were closed Monday and Tuesday due to the anticipation of Sandy's effects, but by Tuesday afternoon there was absolutely nothing going on weather-wise. Silly me--I just assumed medical offices would be open, but I assumed wrong. :( Luckily I was able to reschedule for Wednesday afternoon, so everything worked out.
36 weeks
I told my doctor that I just don't feel like I'm going to make it to my scheduled C-section on the 27th. I have a feeling that baby girl will come earlier than that just to surprise me and try to catch me off guard! The doctor said she wants me to at least make it until 37 weeks and a few days, which is only a little over a week away (whoa!), and I agree with her. As far as planning purposes at school, I'd like to work right up until Thanksgiving to create a natural "break" for me to leave and a sub to take over. Obviously it's out of my control, so in the meantime I'm getting as much done as I can here at home so that when it's time I'll be ready.
Me:
blood pressure: 107/74
weight gain: 2 lbs. since last appointment
belly measurement: 36 cm (still right on track)
Baby:
heart rate: 140's (She's very consistent!)
The doctor had a difficult time hearing the heartbeat because the baby was in some kind of contortionist position. My stomach was majorly lopsided--huge on one side and almost flat on the other! It's like the baby had curled up into a ball to hide from us. :) She eventually shifted around enough that the doctor could locate her back and get a good strong heartbeat sound. Can we say stubborn??
Next appointment--> Wed., Nov. 7th



No comments:
Post a Comment