Harper is growing and changing every day! Just in the past week we've noticed a huge difference in how much more alert she is, and she stays awake for longer periods of time during the day. Her happiest moments tend to be when she's lying down during a diaper change; she will smile and make all sorts of "goo goo ga ga" sounds when you talk to her. I'm still trying to figure out her bedtime schedule though. She just doesn't want to go to bed as early as I want/need her to once I head back to work on the 6th. I start her bedtime routine at 7:00: a warm bath, some comfy pj's, and a nighttime feeding. I'll lay her down, leave the room, and she'll be either drowsy or asleep for about 5 minutes before she starts crying. I hesitate letting her truly cry it out because a) she's still so young, and b) I don't want her to wake up Ryder. It usually takes 2 or 3 trips into the bedroom to soothe her before she's actually asleep for the night--around 9 p.m. Not that this is super late, but when I have to wake up at 4:30a.m. to get ready for work, I like to be asleep by 9:30. And since she's sleeping in our room right now, it makes it a little more difficult. Maybe once I have to wake her up early to take her to the sitter, she'll be ready to go to bed a little earlier each night. I know somehow it will work out--we'll just have to wait and see!
Harper
likes... being held, diaper changes, being smiled at and talked to, a warm bath, commotion, running errands
Harper
dislikes... having the hiccups,
not being held, getting out of the bath
Her actual 2-month doctor's appointment is on Feb. 4th, so I'll be able to update her height and weight then!
a little blurry, but too cute to leave out!
And you know Ryder had to have his turn in the chair!
No comments:
Post a Comment