Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Harper: 8 months

Since Harper spent the day with Pops and Grann yesterday, here is her 8-month update a day late.

This beautiful little 8-month old gets into everything! I swear at least once a day Andrew and I say, "I don't remember Ryder ever doing that." She loves to eat shoes, push buttons on the DVD player to make it open and close, grab cords, pull hair and earrings, and the list goes on and on. She crawls at a sprint-like pace on her hands and feet--still no knees involved! It's cute because she looks like a little sand crab as she scurries across the room. She pulls up to a standing position using anything she can grab, whether it's sturdy or not, which means I have to watch her like a hawk. She falls down and tips over all the time, and I think she has had more bruises in 8 months than Ryder has had in 2 1/2 years. I attribute it to her always trying to keep up with her big brother.

"Can I get a refill?"
holding her bottle all by herself now

The teething process has taken a toll on Harper's sleep schedule. Some nights she will wake up 2 or 3 times and need to be held and/or rocked to fall back asleep. She has always loved being rocked, and it's a weakness of mine to sit and cuddle with her before bedtime. I know it's a habit I need to break though because she's not good at falling asleep on her own. Early last week I decided to modify her bedtime routine a bit: I rocked her only until she was drowsy, laid her down, and left the room. She cried screamed for 15 minutes before giving up and falling asleep. It was torture to listen to her, so I turned the monitor volume off and went to the other side of the house. The second night was more of the same, and the third night doesn't really count because I was a little late putting her to bed, so she fell asleep immediately. On nights 4 and 5 she cried for only 2 minutes before giving up. Whew! Maybe we made it past the worst of it--I can only hope!

weight "guesstimate": about 20 lbs.
clothes size:  9 months, but some of her 6 month separates still fit


crazy beach hair!

caught trying to eat Ryder's space shuttle

so serious



What a perfect pose!

Ewww! haha


And of course Ryder had to get in on the picture-taking.

crawling around like his sister

my little goofball

intense bbq sandwich eating

No comments:

Post a Comment