Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 27, 2013

December recap

This month absolutely flew by, and I just didn't make the time to blog about anything we did. Here's a quick recap!

Mommy's friend
My friend Kathryn came to visit the first weekend in December, and it was great to have a few days to catch up and show her some of the sights. Ryder immediately warmed up to her but still called her "mommy's friend" instead of actually using her name. We relaxed by the pool and visited the beach, the playground, and some shops downtown. She was a trooper as we worked around the kids' nap and meal schedules; I know she was worn out by the end of each day! The only pictures of Kathryn and me together were taken with her camera, so here are some of the kids from our morning at the beach.









Ryder was seriously into the story!

Andrew's birthday

being cheesy for the camera :)


Winter Solstice
What better way to celebrate the first day of winter than by fishing in a kayak in 80 degree weather? Pops and Grann agreed to watch the kids for us that Saturday morning so that Andrew and I could go on a little fishing "date". It was peaceful and absolutely beautiful on the water. Andrew caught a small lizard fish and I managed to hook an old sunken barge--ha! I came home with a nice sunburn because who wears sunscreen in December?? I learned my lesson.

Christmas
This Christmas was so much fun because Ryder is at the age to really understand and get excited about everything. He loved the decorations, the lights, and even made some homemade Christmas gifts. Harper was happy just to be in the middle of everything; she didn't care at all about opening presents. We opened presents from Grandma and Grandpa on Christmas Eve, did our own family thing Christmas morning, and then exchanged gifts with Pops, Grann, Steve, and Ali that night.






Both of us were in concentration mode!

puzzles from Grandma and Grandpa!

Ryder was thrilled that Santa brought him a new water bottle.

the one big item on his wish list--a castle!

"Santa's Little Helper"

posing at his new picnic table from Grandma and Grandpa

Harper decided to join in!



Look at that shaggy hair!

triplets!
The shirt says "Seas and Greetings"



Grann and Uncle Steve


"Mommy, can I open this one?"

She must have loved this paper--I think it's the only present she actually tried to open by herself.

a gift for Ryder and Daddy

a VW van tent!


checking out his new van

Alison and Steve

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! I don't know who will have more fun in the tent-Andrew or Ryder :)

    ReplyDelete