Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Ryder's 4 year stats

Ryder had his 4 year well-visit this afternoon, and everything went surprisingly well considering it was a late afternoon appointment; after all, both kids had put in a full day at school and were nap free. Harper actually had a case of the giggles at one point because she was a little punchy, but there were no meltdowns! Ryder kept asking me if he was going to get a shot, and I told him we would have to check with the doctor. He kept whispering to me, "Tell the doctor if I have to get a shot." I think he just wanted to know what to expect! He wasn't due for any vaccines, and lucky for him the doctor's office had run out of flu shots, so he had a shot-free appointment. (Unlucky for me, I'll probably have to take him to the health department to get a flu shot this year).
He passed the hearing and vision tests without a problem, and he seemed so grown up as he cooperated with the nurse and answered her questions. I don't have to speak for him all of the time anymore, and that's still a strange feeling! He got a little bashful when he had to take his shirt and pants off for the check-up, so I just talked to him and explained that the doctor has to be able to see his tummy, legs, etc. to make sure everything looks healthy and strong. He climbed right up onto the exam table and laid down on his back, as if to say, "Let's get this show on the road!" The exam was over quickly, and he hopped right back down. The doctor told him to go ahead and get dressed all by himself, and he was happy to oblige. While he was concentrating on getting his socks and shoes back on, this is when Harper was standing behind him tickling him and cracking herself up. It was pretty entertaining!

Height: 42 1/4 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 44 pounds (95th percentile)
Clothing: no more baby/toddler department for this little guy! He wears a size 5 (in most brands) in the boys' department now. (sniff, sniff)
Shoe: size 10

No comments:

Post a Comment