Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 15, 2019

Counting down to #3-- The final week!

Today I'm officially 38 weeks and 4 days, which means Little Brother is almost here! Last Monday I had that "aha" moment when I was talking to Andrew and Harper before school. We were talking about my mom coming to visit because the kiddos made a countdown chain, and I casually said, "You know who else you will see next week? Little Brother!" Right after the words left my mouth, I thought That can't be right...can it??? Andrew literally froze and dropped the work overalls that he had been holding. We just kind of stared at each other and mouthed whoa. I even glanced over at the calendar to make sure I had the date right! Harper started giggling happily, I'm sure out of excitement to meet her little brother and at the dumbfounded looks on her parents' faces! 😜

Sweet moments I want to remember from this past week....

1. Harper was hugging my baby belly and enjoying the moves and kicks from her baby brother. She looked up at me and said, "I'm gonna miss when I can't feel him move in your belly anymore." I told her I will miss it too, but how exciting it will be when we can hold him in our laps and watch him squirm and move in real life. She smiled and said, "True, but I'll still miss feeling him when I'm snuggled against you."

2. Ryder was sitting next to me on the couch, talking to my belly. He looked up at me and said, "I can't wait to see what he looks like." We talked about whether the baby would look like him, Harper, or a mix of the two. And what will the baby's personality be like? Ryder thought about it and then said, "I hope he has my personality and looks like Harper, because she has dimples and is really cute."

38 weeks
The baby's bathtub is just hanging out in the hall bathroom, and Harper decided to sit in it to see how it will feel to her baby brother. 
Still reading to Little Brother! This was the 5th or 6th book in a row, and the baby moved and squirmed the entire time. I can't wait to see how he reacts to his big sister in person! 😍
Flip flop weather! For the second weekend in a row, it was nice enough to sit outside in the sun and enjoy the fresh air.
Daffodils are about to bloom!
There are clusters of flowers all over the yard, and I can't wait to see them all open!
stretched to the max!
By the end of the day, it feels good to air out my belly. :)

Plan for the week:
Mon- Call the pediatrician's office and give them a heads up that I'll be bringing baby next week.
Tues- Last minute house-cleaning and pick up my mom from the airport!
Wed- Try to sit back, relax, and enjoy some time with my mom, Ryder, and Harper before the baby arrives.
Thurs- Pre-surgery blood work at the hospital
Fri.- Meet Little Brother!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment