We got called back right away, and Shepherd did great when I had to get him naked to get on the scale--no crying and no peeing. :) As we waited in the exam room for the doctor, he was content to just look around the room. Dr. Sara came in and checked him head to toe, commenting again on how great he looks. She even asked how he could possibly be two months old already because she felt like I just had him. I told her I have no idea where April and May went and that I completely agree!
The last step was the nurse coming in to administer the shots. 😔 She started with the oral vaccine, and Shepherd sucked it down like it was the best treat ever! I told the nurse I was surprised he liked it so much because when we give him a gas drop, he kind of puckers up and then pushes it back out with his little tongue. She said the vaccine is vanilla flavored and that most babies love it; she even joked that she should try it sometime just to see what it tastes like. Ha! After that tasty treat, he had to get three shots in his legs. He cried, of course, but not very hard. The nurse was super quick, and as soon as she put the band-aids on I scooped him up to comfort him. He wasn't even fussing as I got him redressed and buckled back into his car seat. Such a trooper!
Shepherd's 2 month stats:
height: 23 inches (50th percentile)
weight: 13 pounds (70th percentile)
*I'm not sure about the percentiles this time. It seems weird to me that his height dropped from the 85th to 50th and his weight percentile stayed the same. I recorded them anyway, and we will see what happens at his 4 month visit.
Next appointment: August 19th
![]() |
| When we got home I laid him down on his play mat to stretch out and play. Within two minutes, he was sound asleep! |
![]() |
| Shepherd fell asleep on my lap after a feeding. Harper and I were playing with her veterinarian set, and I put these pink glasses on him. He was so sound asleep he didn't even flinch! |
After a diaper change Shepherd was awake, so Andrew and I put him in his chair for his 2 month picture. We tried to get a smile out of him, but he was tired and just leaned against Sunshine Bear and gazed around.
![]() |
| Two months old? Really?! |
![]() |
| Taking a morning snooze while Mommy works on her blog. :) |









so enjoyed the latest blog Shepherd looks like he will be a big boy soon Love GrGoodell
ReplyDelete