Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 7, 2019

I love you when...

Oh, how Harper loves Shepherd! 😍

As I usually do on the weekends, I brought Shepherd into my room today for his first morning feeding. It gives me the chance to lounge in bed a little longer (a rare luxury these days!) and enjoy his morning coos and babbles when he's finished eating. He is such a happy little guy in the morning, and I love to soak up those moments. Harper is my sidekick when it comes to all things Shepherd related, so she was sitting next to me in bed, gently stroking his head and talking to him. Within a minute or two, she went into a full monologue that I want to remember forever!

Shepherd, I love that you are my baby brother.
I love you when you smile at me when I talk to you.
I love how you stretch when you are getting your diaper changed.
I love you when your blue eyes are wide open.
I love you when you are happy in your swing.
I love you when you are in your "sleepy bag" (sleep sack) at bedtime.
I love you when you have the hiccups and make squeaking sounds.
I love you when I feed you a bottle.
I love you when I get to hold you.

If that doesn't bring tears to your eyes, I don't know what will! I'm probably leaving some out, but those are the ones I can remember. It was the sweetest thing, and I felt like such a proud Momma that I thought my heart would burst. I couldn't have said it better myself, my sweet girl!

1 comment:

  1. so sweet you have taught your children well Love you so much Just think you will get to see your Dad enjoy for the first time Our birthday monyh

    ReplyDelete