When the temperatures are bitter cold, I bundle him in his snowsuit to go outside and wait for the school bus. He's content in it once I pick him up, but while lying on the floor he looks so sad because he can't move. 😂
![]() |
| I can't move my arms...someone please help me up! |
Shepherd's sleep patterns have been a little wonky lately. He's finally getting more predictable with his daytime naps, but now nighttime sleep has changed. I've only been giving him a bath every other night because the winter air dries his skin out so much. By evening his poor little nose and cheeks look so red and chapped. I lather him up with lotion, and in the morning he looks better again. On a bath night he is in the tub at 6:30, and on the other nights we start changing him into his pajamas around 6:45. I still nurse him and read him a few stories before laying him down in his crib for the night. He goes to bed around 7:15, but recently he's been waking up between 11-12 to nurse and then sometimes again between 3-4. As much as I don't enjoy getting out of my warm bed, I know this stage won't last forever so I'm enjoying the middle of the night snuggles with my sweet boy. I figure between teething and growing so much developmentally, his sleep is going to be affected. Shepherd is officially a tummy sleeper now, so most mornings he wakes up soggy because he has wet through his diaper, pj's, and sleep sack. I guess sleeping on his tummy only leaves one way for all of that pee to go!
Just as Big Sister is losing her two front top teeth (one came out tonight!!), Shepherd has cut his two bottom teeth! I still haven't gotten a good look at them because he sticks his little tongue out whenever I try, but I can definitely feel them! He is still drooling and chewing on everything like crazy, so I have a feeling he is working on others.
![]() |
| I can do it myself, Mama. |
![]() |
| Mmmm..blueberries :) |
![]() |
| I'm not getting into Ryder's stuff, I promise. |
![]() |
| rolling everywhere and disappearing under tables |
I managed to capture two of Shepherd's tricks on video yesterday...enjoy!
A while back Harper gave Shep some of her Legos to play with, and we always set them out on his blanket when he is on the floor. They are the duplo size ones that make an ice cream cone, and one day Shepherd discovered he can blow into the cone end and make a whistling sound. The first time he did it I was across the room and didn't know where the sound was coming from--I kept watching him, and the next time I heard the sound I could see his little cheeks puff in and out. Hilarious! Now he will reach for the cone on purpose and start inhaling and exhaling when we ask him to play his whistle. Smart little boy!
busy playing and jabbering :)











Oh so sweet thanks Melissa as get to enjoy your kiddos grow they are all so precious MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR as I haven't sent out cards each year am doing less Love, GrGoodell
ReplyDelete