Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ryder: 12 month stats

Today I took Ryder for his official 12 month check-up. He entertained the other people in the waiting room by toddling around and shaking his container full of Kix like a rattle. Once we got called back and were waiting for the doctor, he walked in little circles wearing nothing but his diaper. He had a big grin on his face like he was proud of his circular walking in such a small space. He even showed off for the doctor, and she commented once again on what a "remarkable little guy" he is. He had to get three "ouchies" (the nurse's term for shots) but only cried for a minute or so.

Ryder's down to only one 8 oz. bottle of formula each morning and eats regular food the rest of the day. He loves drinking water from his sippy cup, but he is not a fan of whole milk. Since he loves yogurt and cheese, I feel like he's getting enough dairy, but I did ask the doctor what I should do to increase his milk intake. I was surprised when she said he really doesn't need to drink milk at all, as long as he's getting his calcium in other ways. She told us we could try soy milk instead; Andrew was pleased with this answer because he can't stand cow's milk but loves soy milk. Like father, like son I guess! We gave Ryder some soy milk at dinner, and he practically chugged it! Regular milk would have been tossed aside after one sip. Looks like we found a solution! :)

Likes: walking everywhere, playing peek-a-boo, emptying the pantry, reading books, taking his bath, eating "real people" food

Dislikes: not getting his way, getting his diaper changed, being wiped off after a meal

height: 30 1/2 inches
weight: 22.02 lbs.
head circumference: 46 1/2 cm.
clothing size: 12-month shirts, 18-month pants (for length)

No comments:

Post a Comment