I feel like Ryder has grown up so much over the short time I've been home with him this summer, both mentally and physically. Based on his doctor's appointment today, the pediatrician said his stats reflect those of an average 2-year old, so my little man is ahead of the game! :)
Height: 34 1/2 inches (91st percentile)
Weight: 29 lbs. (81st percentile)
Head Circumference: 49 cm. (77th percentile)
He only had to get one shot today, but after being contained in the small exam room for the short amount of time it took for the nurse to get his basic stats and the doctor to perform a quick check-up, he was ready to leave. Needless to say, he was not happy when the nurse and I pinned him down on the table for the 3 seconds it took to give the shot. However, the nurse saved the day when she applied a Cars band-aid to his "boo-boo". And it wasn't just any band-aid; it was more like a sticker, and the car was blue, which just so happens to be Ryder's favorite color right now. I got him dressed and we headed home, where he couldn't wait to show Daddy the car on his leg. What was even cuter was that for the rest of the evening he would periodically lift up the leg of his shorts to sneak a peek at it, like he was checking to see that it was still there. I believe that it even survived bath time tonight because he wasn't ready to part with it yet. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment