Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Purple Haze

Harper is OBSESSED with the color purple. When decorating her room I did use purple and turquoise, but I had no idea she would fall in love with it as hard as she has. :) She notices it everywhere: in books, clothes, flowers, stuffed animals, buildings, cars, etc. The second she spots it, she points her finger and squeals "Purple!" We scored a twin bed frame several months back that we planned to repaint before putting it in her room one day. When I say repaint, I figured we'd give it a fresh coat of white paint. Well, a few weeks ago Andrew and I decided to skip the white paint and go for a bold purple. After all, the walls are very neutral and this would give the room a nice pop of color. I'm still searching for a comforter or quilt; of course the one I found that would be perfect is out of stock, but I'm not giving up! We moved the bed into Harper's room last weekend, so she has slept successfully in her big girl purple bed for a week and LOVES it. I had one set of white sheets already and wanted to pick up a second set to alternate. Can you guess what color Harper picked out? There's a whole lot of purple going on in her room right now! I'm anxious to get the rest of the bedding to tone it down a bit. (And we still need to take down her crib and rearrange a few things--I wanted to make sure she would definitely sleep in the bed before getting rid of the crib!)

No comments:

Post a Comment