What a morning! Today was Ryder's first day of preschool summer camp. :) Over the past year I've taken the kids to library programs and activities at the preschool center, but this was the first time I'd be dropping him off with someone other than Grann. Camp is every day from 9-1 for the months of June and July, so I was really hoping he'd love it. I know it will be an adjustment, but I think he needs the break from me and socialization with kids his age instead of just his little sister. He was busy exploring the classroom when I dropped him off, so he was distracted when I told him goodbye and snuck out of the room. I found out later that he did cry for a few minutes when he realized I wasn't in the room; the teacher talked to him and then gave him a little job to help her out, and he was fine after that. I told her that was the perfect way to distract Ryder because he loves to be a helper! When I picked him up he talked non-stop the whole way home: the play-doh he played with, the raisins he had for snack, the two trips out to the playground, how he ate his whole lunch (in his brand new lunch bag!). I had tears in my eyes when he said, "Mommy, it was even funner than you said it would be!" I was so proud and happy for him...I'll worry about his grammar later. Ha!
While Ryder was at camp, Harper and I headed to the pediatrician's office for her well visit. In the car she kept saying, "Bubbee?" (brother?) like I had forgotten to bring him with us. She asked about him several more times throughout the morning, and I thought it was cute that she missed him. :) She wanted nothing to do with the scale or the exam table at the doctor's office. The nurse had to make several attempts at getting Harper's correct weight and height because she screamed and squirmed when I put her down, but as soon as I held her again, the tears stopped. Yep, she's a mommy's girl! The visit with the doctor went well, and Harper was happy to walk around the room and read some books. But as soon as the nurse walked back in with the one shot Harper had to get, Harper clung to me again and looked at the nurse as if to say, "You again? You're the one who made me cry last time!" We don't have to go back now until her 2-year check-up. Where has my baby gone???
Official stats:
Height: 32 1/2 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 25.3 lbs. (65th percentile)
Head circumference: 19" (90th percentile)
Sizes:
diapers: 3 for now, but I'll probably buy size 4 next time
shoes: 5
clothes: 2T



No comments:
Post a Comment