The kids have both gotten into watching Sesame Street lately, mostly because Andrew and I figured out when it came on and started recording it. (Our DVR list this summer consists of Sesame Street, The Cat in the Hat, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. There might also be one show for Andrew, but that's it. Can you tell we have young children and no time to watch TV??) Anyways, I like watching it with them; a lot of it is the same show I grew up watching, but there are also several new characters and a lot more music than I remember. When Harper wants to watch it, she'll excitedly say, "Street! Street!" Ryder and Harper both love Elmo, and Harper also loves Abby...probably because she has pink and purple hair. :) A couple weeks ago while riding in the car to and from the preschool, Harper would randomly start saying, "Elmo! Elmo!" I couldn't figure out what was prompting it, but she was saying it at the exact same spot each time. I started looking around at the buildings and signs along the road, and sure enough I spotted what she was calling Elmo:
the sign for SweetFrog! I pointed at the sign and asked her if that was Elmo. She said, "Yes!" She was probably thinking, "It's about time you caught on!" I guess it's the huge eyeballs and the fact that the building itself is a dark pink/almost red color. After a few days she started saying, "Elmo Abby!" each time we passed it, so we see Elmo and Abby Sweet Frog every day.





No comments:
Post a Comment