Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Dog days of summer

We've had a lot of down time and lazy days lately, so I haven't really had anything to post on the blog. The kids and I have the month of August off before we head back to work and preschool after Labor Day. It's been nice to not have to leave the house every day by a certain time, but that has also made for some very long days. We had all gotten used to our new routines and time away from each other every day--now we are together all. the. time. I find myself wondering how I stayed home for an entire year and still maintained my sanity, because in the past two weeks I've definitely reached my wit's end more than a few times. I have refereed enough "mine" and "my turn" fights to earn myself a striped shirt and whistle. Just this morning I heard Ryder complain to Andrew, "Harper's looking at me!" Ahhh, good ole' sibling rivalry. I'm so lucky to have two kids who honestly do get along 95% of the time, but they're also strong-willed and independent enough now that they are bound to butt heads and get on each other's nerves from time to time. Thankfully we've been able to have a few "Grann days", and that recharges all of us. :)




Does she look mischievous, or what?

sibling toilet time

Harper has started showing some interest in using the big girl potty, so I set up Ryder's old potty chair in the bathroom so she can sit by herself. One day after lunch she wanted to join her big brother for his regularly scheduled visit to the bathroom, and he was happy to hand her a book to read to help pass the time. :) They sat together for probably 10 minutes, and when Harper finally dribbled a little bit into the potty chair, we all clapped and cheered. (The rest of that day, she was obsessed with the toilet. She didn't want to wear a diaper, and she ran to the potty chair every minute or so). Like with Ryder, I'm just kind of following her lead. She's still young, but if she learns quickly because she wants to be just like her big brother,  I will gladly support that!




No comments:

Post a Comment