Andrew, Ryder, and Steve enjoyed an evening of "boys only" fishing at the creek behind Steve and Alison's vacation house. They didn't catch anything, but they had fun goofing around!
fishing with Uncle Steve
waiting patiently
He must be up to something!
the only catch of the day--ha!
an outfit totally put together by Ryder
Grann, Alison, and I made a HUGE batch of Nana's sweet pickles last weekend. It had been over 5 years since we last made them, so they were long gone. It's a 3-day process of slicing, soaking, washing, icing, and cooking them, and it was much more of a challenge coordinating everything this time since we were working around kids' schedules instead of just our own. The guys were very helpful in entertaining the kids while we took over Grann's kitchen, and we ended up with 65 pints!
40 lbs. of cucumbers
Welcome to the Jungle
Alison and Maisie had never been to the Jungle Gardens, so Grann took us all one morning for a mommy/kids day out. My kids hadn't been since Harper was about 16 months old, so everything seemed new and exciting to them too.
Maisie loved the parrots! When they made noises, she kind of growled back at them. :)
Ryder loved feeding the flamingos this time, and I think he used up all of Grann's quarters at the food dispensers!
This flamingo walked right up to me, so I snapped its picture. No zoom required!
This parrot said, "Hello" anytime someone walked by. I tried to capture it on video, but of course it didn't cooperate while I was recording.
*priceless*
I told the kids they didn't have to hold my hand as long as they stayed close enough to me that I could see them. At one point Harper said, "Ryder, can I hold your hand?" He replied, "Sure. You can." Grann, Alison, and I all dug out our phones to snap a picture of this sweet moment. :)
Lazy days at home
Harper loves to use my pots and pans to cook her pretend food.
so relaxed!
cooking cousins
Maisie is a natural in the kitchen!
























No comments:
Post a Comment