Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 13, 2015

Summer Fun

Now that the kids are finished with summer camp and I'm only working twice a week, we are enjoying being lazy while we can. :) We spend most mornings lounging around in our pj's until we decide to jump in the pool or change into clothes in time for lunch. Harper's afternoon nap is  changing--she went from napping 2-3 hours every day to napping every other day or so. It doesn't seem to faze her, but it makes me tired! We still enforce "quiet time" for both of them--they have to play in their rooms alone with doors closed--but lately it just results in the two of them talking loudly to each other through the walls and closed doors. This is what I overheard the other day, about 20 minutes into quiet time:

H: Ryder! Ryder! Are you in your room?
R: Yes, it's quiet time. We have to stay in our rooms.
H: What are you doing in your room?
R: I'm building a Lego car.
H: Oh! I can build something too! (a crashing sound as she dumps her Legos all over the floor)
R: Are you building now?
H: Yeah, I'm making a bed.
R: Oh, that's cool.
(silence for a few minutes)
H: Ryder! Are you there?
R: I'm here!

This went on for a few more minutes before I decided to give up on quiet time since it wasn't working so well!

Random pictures from around the house...
This look just screams "attitude" to me. :)

carrot cake for breakfast--yum!


giving herself tattoos with markers



taking pictures with a Lego camera he built

enjoying a lazy morning, watching Wizard of Oz


Steve, Alison, and Maisie rented a house nearby for a few weeks for their vacation. We've already been to their place twice over the weekend and then saw them at church yesterday. Ryder said, "Mom, we've seen them three days in a row!" He's so excited, and we look forward to lots of fun get togethers this month.

Maisie and Harper storytime

Ryder on the putting green...with a cool new hat from Pops!


Harper decided no clubs were required. She played with the golf balls and hole markers instead.







Pops, Andrew, and Ryder visited a classic car show one morning:



one of Ryder's favorites



No comments:

Post a Comment