Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 22, 2016

Cheeseheads for a week

We've been looking forward to our trip to Wisconsin for months! Andrew and I originally thought we would be renting an RV and taking a road trip, but as we started pricing everything, it was actually cheaper for the four of us to fly. (And let's be honest, better for our sanity as well!) Ryder has flown twice before when he was really little, but this was Harper's first time on an airplane. I honestly wasn't worried about how the kiddos would do because of their ages, but I still made sure to pack their carry-ons with some new items to keep them occupied during the flight. Our flight left at 7am, and after a short layover and plane change in Atlanta, we landed in Madison before noon. It was a 2 hour drive to my parents' house, but it was a nice ride because both kiddos napped for a while. :)
eating breakfast at the airport

watching out the window while waiting to board the plane

first time flier!
Once we got on the plane, she kept asking when we were going to "blast off". She was ready to get this show on the road!












We weren't in our rental car for more than 5 minutes before Harper fell asleep. Flying is hard work!

The Children's Museum
Mom and I took Ryder and Harper to the children's museum one morning while Andrew and Dad visited a local record store and went out for lunch. The museum doesn't look big from the outside, so I was surprised that it has three levels and tons of stuff to do. The kiddos loved it and bounced around from one activity to another like ping pong balls!





Ryder was THRILLED to discover there was a dinosaur exhibit and asked me to take a picture of him with each statue.

digging for fossils





crane operator
 (I can't type that without singing "Smooth Operator" in my head!)







Mom still has the tupperware cups I remember drinking out of as a child, and they are now Ryder's favorites!



Water play!
I realize how fortunate we are to have a swimming pool in our backyard, but that means Ryder and Harper haven't had the experience of just playing with the garden hose or running through a sprinkler. We don't dare go barefoot in our grass at home for fear of stepping on fire ants, not to mention our grass is the texture of straw. This is not the case at Grandma and Grandpa's house! My dad has always been particular about his lawn, and the grass feels like soft carpet under our feet. The kiddos went outside the other night to help Grandma water her flowers, and they ended up soaking wet from head to toe!








HUGE tomato plants












Off came their shirts!





Play dough






Right before I snapped this, Harper almost lost her balance. She caught herself and then smiled when she saw my mom's surprised face.

Building
My dad ordered a new TV stand, and it worked out perfectly that it arrived when Andrew was here to help him assemble it. Being the little builder that he is, Ryder jumped right in to help too!



Ryder is studying the directions.

Here Grandpa, this is what we have to do.


Seriously, just trust me.

Goofball!




Fun in the sprinkler
Dad has had this tractor sprinkler for almost 30 years...I remember playing with it when I was Ryder's age!







I think Ryder was trying to jump on Grandpa's back...

...but decided to do a karate kick instead!


















Ryder decided he'd rather just play with the hose, and Andrew told him he would give him $2 if he sprayed Grandma. The water fight began!





Mom threatened to come after Andrew for turning Ryder into a paid mercenary!







As Ryder stretched and stretched the hose, Mom got a little nervous!

He got her!!







My mom wanted to get even with Andrew, and Ryder said he'd help. She had been pursuing a fly all evening that was buzzing around the kitchen, so once she caught it they took it to Andrew and said it was his dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment