After most of Winter Storm Harper's snow and ice had melted, we found out the next snowstorm was on its way! The kids were home from school on Tuesday because the storm was predicted to move through our area, and boy did it ever! By dinner time on Tuesday, we probably had 6-8 inches on the ground and it was still flurrying. And this time it was light fluffy snow that the kids could romp through. They were really hoping for a snow day on Wednesday so they could enjoy more time outside, but all they had was a 2 hour delay. Andrew headed outside first thing Wednesday morning and used the snowblower on the driveway and dug out his work van. The kids had another delay today because of the sub-zero temperatures; fortunately it's not windy, so waiting outside for the bus at 10am wasn't as bad as it could have been! The temperatures should start climbing back into the 30's and 40's over the weekend, so it will feel like a heat wave!
 |
| The kids headed out to play in the woods as soon as it started snowing Tuesday morning. |
 |
| By Tuesday afternoon, our driveway had disappeared! |
 |
| Poor Beast. :( This FL truck is probably wondering what in the world is going on! |
 |
| Harper was thrilled to use her new snowball scoop! |
Andrew came home early from work on Tuesday before the weather and roads got too bad, so late that afternoon the four of us bundled up and took a walk through the woods behind our house. I borrowed Andrew's work overalls so my jeans would stay dry, and I hate to admit they weren't all that big on me because of my baby belly! And trudging through snow is exhausting. I kept up with Andrew and the kids, but I was winded the entire time! I'd love to just blame it on being 6 months pregnant, but I know it's also because I haven't done any kind of physical activity since we moved here. But it was nice to get outside and the freshly-fallen snow on the trees was beautiful! The property behind us is waterfront and opens up to a lake; it is only used in the summer for a summer camp, so it is very quiet this time of year. I couldn't believe the size of the lake and can't wait to see it in the spring and summer.
 |
| Believe it or not, this is the lake... |
 |
| ...now covered in a blanket of snow. |
 |
| just playing :) |
 |
| Ryder, the snow angel! |
 |
| The sun and blue sky looked refreshingly beautiful to me against the white snow. |
 |
| Sub-zero temperatures are no match for this girl! |
 |
| Ignore the dirty screen, but check out those icicles! |
No comments:
Post a Comment