Andrew has always loved hand-me-downs, whether we're talking furniture or clothing. It's not that he's too cheap to buy new things (although we do love getting a bargain!), but he likes that worn-in, broken in feeling of a shirt from his dad vs. a brand new "stiff" shirt straight off the rack at a retail store. And who am I to complain? The money we save
not buying clothes for him can be used for other fun things. :) While visiting his parents last week, we struck gold as far as hand-me-downs go. (And I'm not even talking about all of the clothes he got from his dad's closet that made his suitcase nearly impossible to zip shut!) One evening we sorted through a bin of keepsakes that his mom had been collecting over the years. I had a ball looking at old photographs, report cards, and his baby book. It was so much fun to see what he looked like as a baby (adorable!) and what his likes/dislikes were at certain ages. I'm trying to imagine just how much our baby boy might take after his daddy. Among our findings was the baby blue Feltman Brothers outfit that Andrew came home from the hospital in--and it still looks brand new! I have to admit, I got tears in my eyes when I looked at the outfit and then at Andrew; we immediately agreed that this will be what our little man wears home.

 |
| Ann and Andrew came home from the hospital in time for Christmas! |
As if that weren't sentimental enough, we also found a pair of jean bib-overalls that Andrew
and his dad both wore as little boys. Our little boy will be the 3rd generation to wear these overalls, and there's not a hole or stain on them. I tell you, they don't make clothes like that anymore! We're trying to locate pictures of Andrew and his dad wearing them, so if we do, I will update this entry!
 |
| The tag on the front reads "Big Red" |
No comments:
Post a Comment