Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The home stretch!

I had a doctor's appointment today, and that marked the beginning of my weekly check-ups until the baby arrives. It is so hard for me to believe that I'm officially full term and that this baby could come at any time. Don't get me wrong--I am thrilled that I will finally get to meet the little guy. Part of me, though, is really going to miss feeling his kicks, turns, and hiccups that I've grown so accustomed to. I'll have to share him instead of having him all to myself!

Me:  36 weeks today! My blood pressure today was 110/70, so I'm apparently not feeling too stressed out about getting all of my school stuff in order before staying home for a couple of months. I only gained 2 pounds since my last appointment 3 weeks ago, which surprised me! I feel like I've been eating a lot lately, so I was expecting a big weight gain this time. I've had a little bit of swelling in my right foot only, so it must be the way the baby is positioned that is affecting my circulation. It makes sense since that's the side where I can always feel him. I've affectionately nicknamed him "Lumpy" because I usually have a lump on the right side of my stomach that's about the size of a baseball!

Baby:  He's still measuring right on track, and his heart rate today was right around 140. I asked if that was o.k. since it's usually in the 150's, and the doctor reassured me that anything between 120-160 was "normal". Most likely we caught the little guy snoozing because he had been moving all over the place about an hour before my appointment. According to today's exam, he is head down (which I already assumed because I always feel his hiccups low in my belly). The doctor even said, "Wow, he's really low," and commented that my belly is "all baby." She asked if I had had an ultrasound lately, and I told her not since 20 weeks when we learned the gender. I had accepted the fact that I wouldn't have another one unless the doctor saw the need for one, so I was THRILLED when she said she wanted me to get one next week so she could see what size baby we're working with. I can't wait to see how much he's grown since our last pictures of him!

To do:
1. Call and schedule an ultrasound appointment for next week.
2. Go to the lab for my CBC. (the final blood work before having the baby)
3. Pre-register at the hospital so we won't have tons of paperwork to fill out when the big day arrives.

Next doctor's appointment: Wednesday, 12/15.

Oh, and I discovered over the weekend that nesting is not just for expectant mothers. Andrew took it upon himself to clean out his closet, which is usually a disaster, and get rid of clothes he's either never worn or hasn't worn for years. He said he was sick of digging through piles of clothes to find what he's looking for. He created a "throw-away" pile and a "donate" pile, and his closet now looks amazingly organized! (Lori, be sure you pass the word along to Kaitlyn. I know how concerned she has been!) hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment