Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A successful trip!

Ryder and I made it safely to my parents without any in-flight meltdowns. :) I couldn't have asked for a better flying companion--he was an absolute angel! I think the sound of the plane engine was the perfect white noise because he almost looked sedated. On both flights he took a bottle and then a brief nap, and when he wasn't sleeping he was sitting on my lap just looking around.  On our first flight he even "petted" the arm of the nice man seated next to us. Fortunately, the man seemed to like children. When Ryder stared at him, he would smile or make funny faces. We lucked out on the second flight and had an empty seat beside us. It was much more comfortable for both of us because Ryder could actually lay across my lap without hitting his head on the window, kicking the armrest, or invading someone else's personal space.

(sidenote): Only in America does a mother traveling with her baby have to go to two different airport bathrooms to find an available baby-changing station because the first one was occupied by a dog in a crate whose owner was changing his pee-pee pad. No kidding. I couldn't make that up.

Ryder waved and squealed when we spotted my mom at the airport!


 Ryder's bedtime story was my favorite when I was little: Farley Goes to the Doctor

giving Aunt Angela and Uncle David a goodnight kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment