It's official--Ryder is crawling! While he doesn't use the traditional hands-and-knees formation, he gets where he wants to go. I love how when I pick him up each afternoon from the sitter's house he inches his way from where he was playing (across the room) to greet me at the door. The smiling and growling that accompany his crawl just make it even more adorable. :)
Another development:
This morning I laid Ryder down for his nap, and he fussed and whined for a while. When he got quiet I checked the monitor, assuming he had finally fallen asleep. To my surprise, I saw him standing and gripping the side of his crib. I screamed, "He's standing!" and ran towards his room. Andrew wasn't far behind me, and when we opened Ryder's door he was still standing there with a big grin on his face kind of like, "Look what else I can do!" I plucked him out of the crib, and Andrew and I decided it was definitely time to lower the crib mattress--NOW. Ten minutes later, the crib was "baby-proofed" so our little inchworm won't be able to jump overboard.



No comments:
Post a Comment