Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 6, 2013

DIY side tables

Since the evenings are starting to feel a tad cooler (relatively speaking!), we are spending more time sitting out on our lanai instead of just in the pool. We bought some chairs over the summer to create a sitting area and just used two old TV trays for side tables because decorating outside just wasn't a priority at the time. Well, I am officially tired of the mismatched look and want to create a comfortable AND eye-pleasing space for us--almost like an extension of our living room. All I need is an outdoor area rug and 2 side tables and I'll be content. Once again, I don't want to break the bank to do it. 
I wish I could take credit for this wonderfully easy AND inexpensive idea for side tables, but I can't. I found it while reading some DIY blogs and knew it was the perfect solution.
the inspiration: "Two flower pots and a pizza pan"

So my hunt began for 4 cheap flower pots, 2 pizza pans, and some spray paint. I ended up using 15 and 16" pots instead of 12" like the blog suggested, so I spent a little bit more per "table", but I think my final cost was around $30. Andrew bolted the pots and pan together so little hands can't pull them apart. I chose the cobalt blue color to tie in with the tiles in our pool. I LOVE how they turned out!

our version:



No comments:

Post a Comment