Ryder's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Harper's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Shepherd's birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 18, 2013

The big catch!

On Wednesday night Andrew and Ryder went fishing again after dinner. (Harper and I opted out, and instead went on a girls only shopping trip for her first pair of shoes--more on that in a minute!) Ryder's line was cast and the pole was just lying on the ground as he wandered over to see what Daddy was doing. When he went back to pick up his pole, he said it was stuck. Hmmm. So Andrew went to help Ryder reel in the line, and he said he definitely felt some tension. After a little bit of reeling, they discovered Ryder had caught a..... TURTLE! Ha! And to think I missed that excitement! Andrew snapped a quick picture before cutting the line and letting it swim away; he didn't get too close to it because he didn't know if it was a snapping turtle. We've been teasing Ryder that his fishing pole is supposed to be used to catch fish, and he just giggles. At least he's having fun!

Harper is pretty much walking everywhere now. She still crawls from time to time when she wants to get somewhere really quickly, but I'd say she's walking 80-90% of the time. So I decided this girl needs some shoes! I want her barefoot as much as possible while she's still figuring out her balance, but when we go to the playground or other outdoor places, I want to be able to put her down without worrying about the bottoms of her feet. I wanted to order her some little baby Crocs because they have been great shoes for Ryder, but I had no idea what size to get her. So we headed to great ole Wally World so I could actually have her try some shoes on. I decided on this little pair of Mary Jane style shoes because they're as soft as slippers and don't feel too clunky. And for $12, the price was right! She will have to get used to walking in them, but they look adorable on her little feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment